Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Recipe Test - Parmesan Crusted Chicken

For those who don't already know, my husband is a very picky eater. One way to definitely win him over in a meal is chicken. Man loves him some chicken. And then there's the cheese... Man can definitely take on some cheese

Trying my hand at parmesan crusted chicken just seemed like the right thing to do. I had some issues with this recipe, mostly my own fault. I didn't put garlic powder in the breading mix - my love of garlic has caused my supply to run dry - and I forgot the Italian seasoning. Also, the person who wrote the recipe says to put the chicken in a bowl and put (an unknown quantity of) flour over it to coat, but I'd recommend putting your raw chicken in a freezer bag an putting half a cup of flour in with it. I prefer to do it only a few pieces at a time. Shake that baby up until covered.

This was also the first time I attempted frying breaded chicken in a frying ban. I've always preferred baking or deep frying, or cooking unbreaded chicken. I had issue with one piece not being cooked all the way through. Again, personal issue and not a reflection of the recipe.

This recipe had potential and may be considered a jumping off point for future cooking learning experiences.


+1 to cooking, poorly cooked chicken has been added to your inventory

No comments:

Post a Comment